Sustainability Associate (WMC)
Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $11 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position will be responsible for assisting the Sustainability Team across a broad range of scopes. This position reports to the Director, Sustainability.
- Interest in having a positive impact on the environmental and social contributions of the real estate industry.
- Knowledge of – or willingness to learn – key building certification programs like LEED and Fitwel, including pursuit of relevant credentials (e.g. LEED Green Associate and Fitwel Ambassador).
- Collaboration skills and curiosity.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with external consultants, Sustainability, Development & Construction and Property Management teams to support all aspects of LEED rating system projects including project registration, credit documentation, submittal, and review comments.
- Manage certification platforms (e.g. Fitwel, LEED), and stay up to date on project schedules and building certification processes, including coordination of action items required to complete documentation.
- Keep the Sustainability Team up to date on new certification and rating systems changes, addendums, upgrades, and other related news.
- Support the growth of the certifications coverage through benchmarking.
- Support efforts of Sustainability team, Property Management teams, and external partners to implement sustainability projects in existing buildings, including energy, carbon, water and waste efficiency projects and programs.
- Assist with invoice processing and administrative tasks related to budget management.
- Contribute content to corporate communications (including social media posts) highlighting sustainability achievements.
- Support Sustainability Team on investor disclosures and award applications through documentation requests and tracking.
- Assist with the energy, waste, and water data collection process for annual sustainability report.
- Other duties may be assigned accordingly.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.