Staff Accountant, Corporate Accounting (WMC)
Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $11 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a motivated, self-driven, organized, detail oriented and analytical individual to join our Corporate Accounting Team. The opportunity encompasses numerous areas including, but not limited to: month and quarter end accounting close for cash, debt, fixed assets, corporate general & administrative (G&A) and corporate accounting and preparation and analysis of SEC reporting and compliance. This role works closely with the corporate finance team and the revenue accounting team. This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years relevant accounting experience
- Articulate communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment, effectively communicates both verbally and in writing, and proactively makes recommendations on process improvements for better efficiency and accuracy
- Great attention to detail, critical thinking skills, data analytics, work ethic, time-management, judgment, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills, team player, impeccable integrity, and excellent reputation.
- Excellent excel skills including Pivot Tables, VLookups, and SumIfs
- The following qualifications are considered a plus:
- Real estate experience
- Public accounting firm experience
- Experience with Yardi Voyager
- Experience with Blackline
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Cash Accounting
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and cash journal entries
- Prepare the quarterly cash & restricted cash flux analyses
- Assist with the implementation of Blackline reconciliations and transaction matching
- Debt Accounting
- Prepare monthly debt maturity schedule, interest trend analyses & budget to actual variance analysis
- Prepare debt related journal entries, including payments, interest accruals, and loan fee amortization
- Prepare monthly debt reconciliations between the general ledger, 3rd party statements, and amortization schedules
- Prepare quarterly debt and deferred financing costs balance sheet fluctuation analyses
- General & Administrative Accounting
- Prepare monthly allocations to appropriately present overhead costs for various departments
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for corporate related accounts, such as: prepaid insurance, prepaid expenses, prepaid property taxes, intercompany rent, etc., including the use of Blackline reconciliations
- Assist with corporate G&A reporting, budgeting and reforecasting as needed
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Prepare monthly additions of the corporate-related fixed assets from the general ledger to the Yardi fixed assets subledger
- Prepare monthly depreciation variance analyses for corporate-related fixed assets
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of the GL to the fixed assets subledger
- SEC Reporting & Compliance
- Perform Section 404 testing and coordinate audit requests
- Assist with the preparation of required quarterly disclosures to be provided to the external financial reporting team for the 10Q/K and Supplemental Financial Report, including balance sheet flux analyses, debt, liquidity and other related disclosures
- Other General Requirements
- Special projects and other duties as business needs arise
- Proactively work with entire accounting department to embrace positive culture of customer service and continuous process improvement.
- Ensure any analysis / work product is accurate, thorough and neat.
- Timely & effectively communicate status of assigned tasks and special projects to manager
- Effectively work and communicate with other members of the Company to ensure established deadlines are being met in an efficient manner.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.