Senior Manager, Operations Accounting (WMC)
Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $12 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies.We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated, analytical Operations Accounting Senior Manager. You will assist with the evaluation of all existing process and procedures, benchmark against best practices and make recommendations to Senior and Executive Management to implement best practices. With the sponsorship of Senior and Executive Management, recommended best practices will be implemented resulting in an environment of continuous improvement. This position reports to the Vice President, Internal Reporting & Operations Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years real estate accounting experience including managing or directing a minimum of 4 million square feet of office, mixed use and/or retail portfolios.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA designation preferred.
- REIT and/or Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong accounting skills, knowledge, and judgement with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP concepts and standards and real estate accounting.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills; including the ability to mentor and develop staff for future growth and provide results under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to develop strong relationships with Senior Management including Asset Management, Leasing, Investments, Tax, and Finance.
- Self-directed, motivated, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and has the mindset of continual improvement.
- Strong organization skills with impeccable attention to detail, ability to understand the big picture, timely follow through and communication regarding assignments, and be able to communicate effectively with coworkers both verbally and through written communications.
- Experience in preparing property level financial statements, operating budgets and forecasts, CAM reconciliations (FSG & NNN), analyzing and reviewing financial reports, straight line rent calculations, monthly variance analysis, and accruals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and property management accounting software. Yardi experience is preferred.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the analysis and review of the accounting and financial reporting for an office/mixed use portfolio consisting of approximately 4 million square feet. Accounting and financial reporting is performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Provide leadership, training, and mentoring to direct reports.
- Work closely with Asset Management and other departments to build a collaborative working relationship, identify, and provide value-added information necessary to manage a portfolio of assets. Become Asset Management’s “accounting go to” person and provide the highest level of customer service to other departments.
- Assist Senior Accounting Management with evaluating current processes, identifying best practices and potential efficiencies, and implementing when deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of direct reports which includes review of month-end and quarterly property level variance analysis, consolidated variance analysis, straight line rent variance analysis, lease interpretation and review, review of CAM calculations for forecasts, budgets, and annual reconciliations, property tax functions, and other property level accounting functions.
- Review and approval of quarterly balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline.
- Manage the tenant CAM audit process for portfolio of properties.
- Review of the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecast for areas of responsibility for portfolio. Participate and provide input in budget review meetings when applicable.
- Review and approval of monthly and annual CAM reconciliations. Ensure completion within timeline established by Senior Management.
- Review and provide quarterly analysis to support the issuance of the Company’s form 10-Q, 10-K, and supplemental financial reports.
- Participate and provide value added input in monthly Asset Management budget variance meetings when necessary.
- Prepare and present presentations to other departments as required to facilitate knowledge sharing across teams.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.