Senior Compensation Analyst
Corporate office in Los Angeles, CADownload
Opportunity Description: Senior Compensation Analyst
Location: Corporate office in Los Angeles, CA
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn everyday. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position reports to the Manager, Compensation Accounting and Analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3+ years of compensation-related experience
- Prior compensation/stock and deferred compensation experience preferred
- Previous experience with 409A, corporate tables, debits and credits preferred
- Superior analytical and Excel skills, with the ability to perform complicated financial analysis relating to both cash and equity-based compensation programs and structures
- Previous experience with administering and accounting for both equity and cash deferred compensation plans preferred
- Previous experience drafting annual Proxy and Form 10-Q/10-K compensation disclosures preferred
- Previous experience with online cash and equity compensation administration platforms a plus
- Articulate, decisive communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment and communicates clearly and concisely with a wide spectrum of individuals in both verbal and written form
- High attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable integrity, discretion, proper judgment and excellent reputation
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for oversight of company compensation programs administration and reporting, including equity based and deferred compensation Specific areas of accountability include:
- Responsible for working with 3rd party service providers to maintain the accuracy of the databases for both equity-based compensation awards and deferred compensation; assist with calculations and transmission of data to 3rd party systems for all new equity awards, dividends, vesting’s and distributions
- Ensuring compensation, including annual cash incentive and equity-based compensation, is recorded in accordance with GAAP and the Company’s accounting policies
- Overseeing and performing key control activities around compensation to ensure they are performed timely and in accordance the Company’s documented policies and procedures
- Overseeing the compensation budgeting and forecasting process working directly with Payroll and Human Resource teams; responsible for reviewing budget to actual variance analysis and providing executive level summaries of the same
- Drafting and reviewing compensation related disclosures in annual Proxy statement
- Drafting and reviewing compensation related disclosures in Forms 10 -Q/10-K
- Assisting with oversight of 401k Plan including overseeing the annual audit and Form 5500 filing process
- Collaborating with HR, Legal and Accounting team in implementing compensation programs, policies and practices
- Assisting CAO & VP, Corporate Counsel in providing compensation related data or presentation materials to the company’s compensation consultant and/or Compensation Committee of the Board
- Working closely with CAO, CFO and other senior executives assisting with the year -end annual compensation review process including compiling and analyzing merit increases, cash bonus and equity award recommendations
- Working closely with CAO to prepare ad hoc analyses for CFO and CEO relating to cost and other considerations for proposed compensation structures
- Working closely with the Accounting team to research and analyze compensation structures to determine appropriate accounting treatment and draft position papers documenting the Company’s technical accounting conclusions for compensation transactions
- Working closely with VP of Taxes to ensure tax calculations are prepared, reviewed, processed timely and provided to payroll for equity-based compensation awards
- Assisting the EVP, CAO & VP of HR in compiling date to participate in market surveys
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.