Regional Administrative Assistant (100 First)
Regional Office in San Francisco, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
The Regional Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties and supporting the daily business function and operation of the Regional Office. Front office administrative duties include greeting and assisting guests, responding to inquiries and concerns that come across the desk, answering the main phone line and transferring calls to the appropriate personnel, receiving and managing deliveries, and distributing and stocking supplies. Other duties include coordination of meetings and internal lunches, janitorial, carpet cleaning, and other services as needed, coding of invoices and preparation of purchase orders to be submitted for approval, technology support, and keeping the Regional Office documents and files up to date. This position reports to the Executive Assistant
- BA/BS degree in marketing or communications.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional office experience.
- Microsoft Office and Outlook email and calendaring, maintaining distribution lists.
- Commercial real estate experience preferred.
- Act as liaison to the Executive Assistant team and provide coverage as requested.
- Able to answer and route multiple incoming telephone calls simultaneously in a professional, fluent and positive manner.
- Strong ability and confidence to work with numbers- i.e., accuracy with telephone numbers, accurately type numbers in interoffice memoranda, letters, or email.
- Solid understanding of office procedures.
- Able to perform data entry and edit computer files.
- Able to type approximately a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to write and edit with correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new things. Likes to work on various tasks, whether new, simple, or complex.
- Highly organized, detail oriented individual, who can be both flexible and focused, while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- Resourceful in gathering information and accomplishing tasks while involving a minimal number of persons.
- Ability to use discretion when working with materials and information of a sensitive or non-public nature.
- An essential function of this position is regular M-F in-office attendance.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be the first point of contact for visitors of the Regional Office and be punctual with arrival time.
- Answering all incoming lines in a polite, professional manner, screening and directing calls as appropriate, taking and relaying messages with specific details as needed, providing information to callers as needed, and notifying security when transferring calls to the console, while handling visitors and deliveries ensuring phones are always covered during office hours.
- Greet visitors and employees that may enter the reception area in a polite and confident manner. Request that all persons, especially those unknown to the office, sign in the Guest Book. Make certain the name is legible.
- Alert employees of the arrival of visitors for scheduled meetings. Ask the visitor to be seated in the lobby until the employee (or their assistant) comes to reception to escort them to the meeting.
- Maintain conference room calendar and communicate any conflicts to appropriate parties.
- Track certificates of insurance and contracts for vendors; maintain and organize vendor files.
- Promptly handle/distribute all incoming/outgoing faxes, courier packages, Fed-Ex and mail. Packages need to be unpacked and distributed accordingly unless the package is personal.
- Arrange set-up/delivery of beverages and/or food in conference room for meetings and provide clean up afterward.
- Scan and index all incoming invoices through the accounting system for coding. Act as a direct contact for all regional office vendors; process all regional office expenses through Yardi system. Check IR regularly to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Maintain the appearance of the common areas in the regional office during the business day and perform weekly detail walk-throughs with the janitorial supervisor.
- Handle ordering and restocking of all supplies, keeping kitchen area, copy room, appliances and office equipment in good working order. Call for repairs and cleaning as necessary. Organize and coordinate repairs and cleaning as necessary utilizing the Yardi work order system and building vendors.
- Maintain updated files, records, and forms for all office related items. Update all phone lists/birthday lists for the San Francisco Region.
- Provide back-up clerical work for all departments after approval is received from Supervisor.
- Other duties and projects as needed.
- Responsible for tracking petty cash use and completing reports for reimbursement.
- Assist in coordination of department parties/special events/lunch meetings.
- Assist in onboarding new employees, including ordering office supplies as needed, business card order processing, workplace set-up, and access card configuration.
- Assist Asset Management team with internal meeting coordination and expense report preparation.
- Close up the office at the end of the business day. Assure that all equipment is turned off and put away.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.