Property Manager (Aero Long Beach)
Office in Long Beach, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position entails the direct responsibility of the physical operations of and administrative property management support for the Portfolio Manager or Senior Asset Manager responsible for the Long Beach portfolio. This position reports to the Senior Property Manager.
- College Degree is required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in management of office, industrial or commercial retail real estate is required.
- Achieved or be in the process of certification as a Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA).
- Must have experience in preparing and analyzing financial reports, monthly variance reports, operating budgets, CAM reconciliations, accruals and be computer literate.
- Must have experience coordinating capital and tenant improvements.
- Well-organized with attention to detail and follow through with assignments.
- Must possess good verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively with employees, tenants, contractors, etc.
- Must be proficient with financial concepts and applications.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and logical in problem solving, as well as lead their team in enhancing customer experience.
- Must have experience with Yardi and proficient in MS Excel.
Summary of Responsibilities
An essential function of this position is regular and predictable attendance. The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Financial and Accounting:
- Support and participate in Portfolio Manager/Senior Property Manager’s executive reporting.
- Perform all lease administration including adjustments to rent, billing and credit requests, operating expense reconciliations, and other necessary functions related to lease compliance.
- Monitor accounts receivables closely to ensure timely payment of all collections due. Process late fee and/or default notice per lease compliance.
- Coordinate with Revenue Accounting related report on tenant move-ins to submit the appropriate revenue recognition support and dates.
- Coordinate tenant/sub-tenant moves; reconcile tenant account/security deposit.
- Review and ensure accuracy of monthly/quarterly financial and accounting reports, including but not limited to: Accruals, Commercial Billing Report, Aging, etc.
- Responsible for timely completion of annual budget preparation (including but not limited to collection of data from vendors and input information in Yardi), quarterly job accruals, lease abstract review/approval, monthly re-forecasting, monthly variance reporting, and monthly stacking plan.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all vendor invoices. Includes follow up on any outstanding invoices or incorrect billings and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for review and approval of all sundry and tenant related invoices.
- Review annual CAM estimates, mid-year adjustments and reconciliations for accuracy. Ensure letters are sent out as required per tenant leases and maintain physical and electronic records of each.
Operations & Administrative:
- Lead weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in construction meetings as an advocate for Asset Management.
- Participate in tenant/building improvement meetings and coordination of parties involved.
- Regularly inspect exterior and building common areas to ensure that the buildings’ cleanliness is adequate, and grounds are maintained in a first-class marketable condition. Consult with outside vendors regarding their expected performance and monitor vendor contracts for compliance.
- Coordinate and attend annual property inspections with Chief Engineer and Regional Chief Engineer, document action items, ensure completion of repairs / improvements in a timely manner and budget items, as necessary.
- Administer and bid service contracts, as assigned, and oversee vendor performance to ensure compliance and high-quality service.
- Ensure that Security Post Orders, and Emergency Response Plans are current.
- Ensure that the Operational Staff is proficient with emergency procedures including performing simulations, as well as other delegated assignments.
- Work with Asset Management, Security, Insurance and Accounting teams in responding to emergency situations. Responsibilities include communication with Crisis Management Team (CMT), preparing incident reports and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Oversee third party building engineers, security post commander, and janitorial project manager.
- Oversee third party parking operations and reconcile monthly parking analysis report.
- Establish a customer-centric working relationship with the tenants. Proactively communicate with tenants and cultivate strong tenant relationships. Maintain liaison through site visits, email, and telephone calls and schedule tenant lunches. Meets all new tenants prior to occupancy.
- Manage and oversee property website.
- Manage and coordinate tenant surveys.
- Maintain administrative files and records relevant to building operations and tenants.
- Maintain familiarity with VTS and be prepared to assist Asset Management and/or Vice President of Leasing in updating deals as requested.
- Be fully knowledgeable with DocuSign and KRC signature authority policy. Prepare DocuSign envelopes and routing packages for vendor and tenant documents as requested by Asset Management and/or Vice President of Leasing.
- Attend Asset Management team meetings as scheduled.
- When and if the need arises, the Property Manager will be expected to devote extra time to building operations.
- Manage, lead, and mentor the Assistant Property Manager and Property Coordinator. Support and develop the Asset Management team members in alignment with the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other tasks as directed, including but not limited to the general duties and responsibilities of a Property Manager.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.