Property Manager (Westside Portfolio)
Corporate Office in Los Angeles, CADownload
About the Opportunity
This position entails the direct responsibility of the physical operations and administrative property management support for the Asset Manager responsible for the Westside Portfolio (WMC, SMMC, 1633 and 3130 buildings). This position reports to the Senior Property Manager.
- Well organized with attention to detail; follow through with assignments; must possess good verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively with employees, tenants, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be proficient with financial concepts and applications.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and logical in problem solving.
- Achieved or be in the process of certification as a Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA), a college degree is highly preferred.
- Must have experience in preparing financial reports, monthly variance reports, operating budgets, CAM reconciliations’ and be computer literate.
- Minimum of 5 years in management of office or industrial commercial real estate required.
Summary of Responsibilities
An essential function of this position is regular and predictable attendance. The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all lease administration including adjustments to rent, billing and credit requests, operating expense reconciliation’s, and other necessary functions related to lease compliance.
- Monitor accounts receivables closely to ensure timely payment of all monies due and input comments in accounts receivable action log.
- Oversee and supervise on-site Kilroy Realty staff for the project.
- Regularly inspect exterior and interior building common areas, and any vacant spaces, to ensure that the buildings’ cleanliness is adequate, and grounds are maintained in a first class marketable condition. Consult with outside vendors regarding their expected performance and monitor vendor contracts for compliance.
- Conduct regular property inspection walks with janitorial and landscaping vendors to ensure they are performing consistently within Kilroy’s standards.
- Participate in tenant lease renewal process and vacant space marketing programs.
- Participate in Tenant/Building improvements via meeting attendance and coordination of parties involved.
- Administer and bid service contracts, manage and oversee vendor performance to ensure compliance and high-quality service. Monitor all vendor contracts routinely to ensure they’re updated and current.
- Coordinate tenant moves and sub-tenant moves.
- Work closely with engineering staff to ensure proper repair and maintenance of building systems, and the proficient completion of tenant work orders.
- Responsible for annual budget preparation and monthly re-forecasting as required. Also work with team to evaluate capital building needs and assist in preparing capital budgets accordingly.
- Timely completion of monthly variance reports as required.
- Ensure that Security Post Orders property websites and ERP are current. Responsible for updating tenant and vendor contact lists, including emergency contacts.
- Ensure that the Operations Staff is proficient with emergency procedures including performing simulations, as well as other delegated assignments. Conduct emergency drills and coordinate with tenants’ emergency processes and drills.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving invoices. Includes follow-up on any outstanding invoices or incorrect billings and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Represent asset management in retail and office space build-out(s) and ensure that Tenant(s) and the KRC construction team understand the work letter fully. Push completion dates for timely occupancy and operation.
- Assist Senior Property Manager in overseeing parking operations. Seek ways to improve parking revenue.
- Establish a working relationship with the tenants. Maintain liaison through site visits, email, and telephone calls. Meet all new tenants prior to occupancy.
- Maintain basic administrative files and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Prepare written reports as required by operating procedures for building and other incidental correspondence that is pertinent to management operations. Maintain files containing written records of maintenance services.
- Attend Asset Management team meetings as scheduled.
- Lead weekly operations meeting with property staff and ensure meeting minutes are regularly updated.
- When and if the need arises, the Property Manager will be expected to devote extra time to building operations.
- Perform other tasks as directed, including but not limited to the general duties and responsibilities of a Property Manager with a focus to train and teach Kilroy on-site staff how to perform many of the general duties and responsibilities.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.