Property Manager (Menlo)
Office in Menlo Park, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies.We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position shall be responsible for all aspects of property management at Crossing900, a Class-A office building in downtown Redwood City, and a two building portfolio of Class-A NNN properties in Palo Alto. This position will team with a Property Coordinator and Assistant Property Manager and reports to the Asset Manager.
- Well organized with attention to detail; follow through with assignments; must possess good verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively with employees, tenants, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Must be proficient with financial concepts and applications.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and logical in problem solving.
- Achieved or be in the process of certification as a Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA) is a plus, a college degree is highly preferred.
- Must have experience in preparing financial reports, monthly variance reports, operating budgets, CAM reconciliations’ and be computer literate.
- Minimum of 5 years in management of office or industrial commercial real estate required.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all lease administration including adjustments to rent, billing and credit requests, operating expense reconciliation’s, and other necessary functions related to lease compliance.
- Monitor accounts receivables closely to ensure timely payment of all monies due.
- Manage, lead and mentor Kilroy staff including a Property Coordinator and Assistant Property Manager and oversee third party building engineers.
- Lead regular team meetings.
- Regularly inspect exterior and interior building common areas to ensure that the buildings’ cleanliness is adequate, and grounds are maintained in a first-class marketable condition. Consult with outside vendors regarding their expected performance and monitor vendor contracts for compliance.
- Work closely with engineering staff to ensure proper repair and maintenance of building systems, and the proficient completion of tenant work orders.
- Participate in tenant lease renewal process and vacant space marketing programs.
- Participate in Tenant/Building improvements via meeting attendance and coordination of parties involved.
- Administer and bid service contracts, manage, and oversee vendor performance to ensure compliance and high-quality service.
- Coordinate tenant moves and sub-tenant moves.
- Coordinate with Revenue Accounting on tenant move-ins to submit the appropriate revenue recognition support and dates.
- Responsible for annual budget preparation, monthly re-forecasting and monthly variance reporting.
- Prepare monthly accounting reports, including but not limited to: Commercial Billing Report, Tenancy Schedule and Occupancy Review.
- Review monthly accrual and financial package prepared by Operations Accountant for accuracy.
- Monitor and submit job cost accruals as requested by construction accounting.
- Review annual CAM estimates, mid-year adjustments and reconciliations for accuracy. Ensure letters are sent out as required per tenant leases and maintain physical and electronic records of each.
- Ensure that Security Post Orders, and ERP are current. Responsible for updating tenant and vendor contact list including emergency contacts.
- Ensure that the property management and engineering team is proficient with emergency procedures including performing simulations, as well as other delegated assignments. Conduct emergency drills and coordinate with tenants’ emergency processes and drills.
- Work with Asset Management, Security, Insurance and Accounting teams in responding to emergency situations. Responsibilities include communication with Crisis Management Team (CMT), preparing incident reports and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving vendor invoices. Includes follow-up on any outstanding invoices or incorrect billings and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Represent asset management in retail and office space build-out(s) and ensure that Tenant(s) and the KRC construction team understand the work letter fully. Push completion dates for timely occupancy and operation.
- Actively oversee third party parking operations.
- Attend annual property inspections with Regional Chief Engineer, document action items and work with team to complete repairs / improvements in a timely manner and budget for items as necessary.
- Proactively communicate with tenants and cultivate strong tenant relationships.
- Host monthly operational meetings or calls with key tenants.
- Work with Asset Manager to maintain space accounting books.
- Maintain familiarity with VTS and work closely with the Asset Manager in updating deals.
- Be fully knowledgeable with DocuSign and KRC signature authority policy. Prepare DocuSign envelopes and routing packages for vendor and tenant documents as needed.
- Perform other tasks as directed, including but not limited to the general duties and responsibilities of a Property Manager with a focus on training Kilroy staff on how to perform many of the general duties and responsibilities.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.