Project Manager, Construction Services (Indeed Tower)
Regional Office in Austin, TXDownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
The Project Manager opportunity supports the Construction Services team and reports to the Vice President, Development.
- 5-10 years of tenant improvement experience.
- Must be conversant with LL lease documentation and Work Letter requirements, and have LL build and tenant oversight (office/retail/restaurant) work experience.
- Must have project management experience working on tenant and capital improvements for Class A office.
- Must have experience in construction management.
- Experience working with life science or lab tenants is encouraged.
- Solid technical understanding of all aspects of construction, including MEP systems.
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage numerous deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge in calendar and scheduling, document management control. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project.
- Effective oral and written communication. Highly organized, self-starter and proven ability to work under tight deadlines.
- BS/BA Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, Urban Planning, or related field highly preferred.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project management of multiple tenant and capital improvements with the opportunity for growth and autonomy.
- Lead the planning, coordination and construction for the remodeling and tenant improvements of the existing portfolio.
- Create and manage project schedules using Microsoft Project or Primavera P3.
- Provide review and commentary of leases in progress and implementation of lease requirements as related to construction of tenant and landlord required improvements.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of budgets, schedules, contracts and other documents required for the implementation of construction work.
- Efficient management of design and changes through technical and analytical skills, including the ability to manage design team composed of project architect, engineers and other consultants.
- Create relationships with Kilroy vendors and tenants to optimize efficiency and business opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to improve construction methodologies through researching new technology and techniques.
- Regular inspection of job sites to ensure quality and schedule.
- Review and approve invoices, payment applications and billings.
- Technical review of construction plans for constructability purpose and to confirm in accordance with Kilroy standards.
- Potential for a leadership role and helping to grow team to meet future workloads.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.