Project Coordinator, Design and Construction (100 First)
Regional Office in San Francisco, CADownload
Opportunity Description: Project Coordinator, Design and Construction
Location: Regional Office in San Francisco, CA
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
The Project Coordinator, Design will work closely with the Design and Construction teams to facilitate efficient running of the department and smooth project delivery. This candidate will coordinate multiple projects and people with a focus on maintaining ongoing communication across various teams – both internal and external. The candidate will be responsible for providing day-to day administrative support, organize project details on our shared platforms, coordinate meetings and follow-up on project meeting action items. This position reports directly to the Director, Design.
- Four (4) year degree or equivalent in graphic design, interior design, architecture or equivalent
- 1-5 years prior administrative experience in commercial real estate, and/or creative agency, architectural firm
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task with multiple projects and deadlines. Must be flexible and highly motivated, with a willingness to take initiative be resourceful and work independently
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with teammates
- An extremely organized team member that pride themselves on being thorough, thoughtful, detail-oriented, proactive, creative, resilient, and an excellent communicator.
- Excellent follow through, must be a task master and have a thorough attention to detail.
- Proficient in Adobe CS – Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Proficient in online project management/productivity tools – Asana preferred.
- Proactive, service-oriented style.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the organizational chart for the region, including the areas of responsibility for team members in other departments and for development/construction/design management across the company; job and responsibilities of the group you support.
- Familiar with commercial real estate terminology in order to draft correspondence and for the purposes of understanding documents and emails.
- Champion the adoption of standards and procedures related to Design.
- Monitor and provide up-to-date, accurate log of project status on Asana, Development and CapEx Tracking Logs.
- Attend and provide follow-up task list for team distribution and track task completion. Proactive manager of decision milestones and records on design projects.
- Organize/transcribe meeting notes such that the information can be retained and disseminated.
- Assist with managing the master schedule of design projects.
- Responsible for coordinating and assembling executive presentation decks.
- Manage the design materials library – this includes coordinating the inflow and outflow of samples with vendors, consultants and project teams as well as keeping the digital library up to date.
- Manage the organization of the Design Property Wiki and standards.
- Assist with the development and refinement of forms/programs related to Design requests.
- Manage Tool Kit Library and provide service to internal teams on tool kit follow-up items.
Meetings and Conference Calls:
- Schedule meetings or calls based on the respective team’s availability, unless told that the participant is optional.
- Coordinate staffing meetings as required to help set targets and upcoming deadlines
- Prepare, review, print and/or or disseminate materials when necessary and with enough lead time for participants to review prior to the meeting or call.
- Prepare materials and set up technology for presentations to ensure seamless delivery
- Expense Reports – provide expense report assistance to Design and Construction & Development Teams.
- Other duties as assigned as the business needs require.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.