Operations Accountant – LA (WMC)
Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $12 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies.We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Operations Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Commercial real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and logical in problem solving; well organized with attention to detail; follow through with assignments; possess good analytical skills; and be able to communicate effectively with coworkers both verbally and through written communications.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Property management accounting software experience is preferred.
- 2 years real estate accounting experience with office, mixed-use or retail portfolios is
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for ground lease accounting for assigned properties: monthly entries, annual true ups, budgets, quarterly consolidated balance sheet flux explanations, and preparation of supporting schedules for annual audits if applicable.
- Cash basis tenants tracking and accounting for assigned properties. All accounting is performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Residential responsibilities including review of monthly working capital funding requests, financial results, trial balance upload received from the third-party property manager, as well preparation of monthly executive reports and testing of the third-party manager’s internal controls.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly Blackline balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Provide support to the third-party accounting provider with the accruals and reconciliation of monthly parking income and expenses received from third party parking vendors.
- Act as a resource and provide assistance and/or training to third party accounting partner.
- Assist with the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecast process.
- Assist Senior Manager, Operations Accounting with Tenant’s CAM Audits and A/R inquiries.
- Assist Senior Manager, Operations Accounting with various administrative and accounting property tax functions
- Prepare quarterly consolidated QTD and YTD balance sheet flux explanations for assigned accounts.
- Other duties as directed.
- The following is also expected of this position:
- Understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash receipts and how they drive the financial results of property operations.
- Ensure any analysis/ work product is accurate, thorough, and neat.
- Effectively work and communicate with other members of the Company to ensure established deadlines are being met in an efficient manner.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.