Manager, Operations Accounting
Corporate Office in Los Angeles, CADownload
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated, analytical Operations Accounting Manager. You will play a key role in the evaluation of all existing process and procedures, benchmarking against best practices and making recommendations to Senior and Executive Management to implement best practices. With the support of Senior and Executive Management, recommended best practices will be implemented resulting in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Proven accounting skills, knowledge, and judgement with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP concepts and standards and real estate accounting.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills; including the ability to mentor and develop staff for future growth and provide results under tight deadlines.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to develop strong relationships with Senior Management including Asset Management, Leasing, Investments, Tax, and Finance.
- Self-directed, motivated, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and has the mindset of continual improvement.
- Proven organization skills with impeccable attention to detail, ability to understand the big picture, timely follow through and communication regarding assignments, and be able to communicate effectively with coworkers both verbally and through written communications.
- Experience in analyzing and reviewing property level financial results, operating budgets and forecasts, CAM reconciliations (FSG & NNN), straight line rent calculations, monthly variance analysis, and accruals.
- Minimum of 3 years real estate accounting experience including managing or directing a portfolio of office, mixed use and/or retail properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA designation preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and property management accounting software. Yardi experience is preferred.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the analysis and review of the accounting and financial reporting for an office/mixed use portfolio. Accounting and financial reporting is performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Provide leadership, training, and mentoring to direct reports.
- Work closely with Asset Management and other departments to build a collaborative working relationship, identify, and provide value-added information necessary to manage a portfolio of assets. Become Asset Management’s “accounting go to” person and provide the highest level of customer service to other departments.
- Assist Senior Accounting Management with evaluating current processes, identifying best practices and potential efficiencies, and implementing when deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of direct reports which includes review of month-end and quarterly property level variance analysis, consolidated variance analysis, straight line rent variance analysis, lease interpretation and review, review of CAM calculations for forecasts, budgets, and annual reconciliations, property tax functions, and other property level accounting functions.
- Review and approval of quarterly balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline.
- Manage the tenant CAM audit process for portfolio of properties.
- Review of the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecast for areas of responsibility for portfolio. Participate and provide input in budget review meetings when applicable.
- Participate and provide value added input in monthly Asset Management budget variance meetings when necessary.
- Prepare and present presentations to other departments as required to facilitate knowledge sharing across teams.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.