Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (WMC)
Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies.We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
Responsible for assisting the Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) group with budgeting and forecasting, analyzing drivers and variances, and preparing analyses for quarterly earnings call preparation. Further, the Director, FPA would be responsible for running the Corporate Model as the second reviewer and for cross training and internal control purposes. Additionally, the role will entail assisting with ad hoc corporate finance projects including the annual business plan and maintaining letters of credit. The Director, FPA will also assist with overseeing the accuracy and work product of at least one or two analysts within the FPA group.
- Prior analytical role with 8+ years of experience (finance, FPA, etc.).
- Strong and extensive excel modeling skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements and the flow of information among the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Knowledge and insight on FPA processes, including long term forecasting.
- Knowledge of real estate fundamentals, preferably REITs.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and presentation / communication skills. Must be capable of dealing with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles would be helpful.
- Yardi and/or Argus experience, a plus.
Summary of Responsibilities
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Assist the team while overseeing analysts in preparing annual budgets and monthly forecasts which would entail incorporating information from various groups within the company, including but not limited to:
- Leasing assumptions
- Property level expenses
- Corporate expenses
- Financing assumptions
- Acquisition, disposition, and development analyses
- Track company metrics such as FFO, FAD, operating margins, occupancy, same store, capex, leasing data, and revenue recognition.
- Prepare and explain cash and GAAP variance analyses for current forecast compared to budget and current forecast to prior forecast.
- Prepare monthly regional reports for Senior and Executive Management to review company performance.
- Incorporate budgeting/forecasting information from Yardi into Argus Enterprise for five-year forecast sensitivities.
- Prepare support analyses for quarterly earnings call preparation.
- Work with asset management and accounting to review property-level analyses and help explain variances.
- Manage and coordinate effective communication among various groups, including accounting, asset management, development, and corporate finance.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan.
- Serve as second reviewer of Finance team Corporate Model.
- Continually evaluate and improve processes and efficiency for the group.
- Assist with technology platform and software implementation.
- General ad hoc analyses for Senior and Executive Management as requested.
Letters of Credit
- Work with banks and in-house asset management teams to set up new letters of credit (LCs) and transfer LCs related to acquisitions or dispositions.
- Ensure renewal of existing LCs.
- Coordinate draw requests for LCs, as necessary.
- Monitor letters of credit file and financial threshold eligibility for reduction or renewal.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.