Construction Document Coordinator (OPP)
Regional Office in San DiegoDownload
Opportunity Description: Construction Document Coordinator
Location: Regional Office in San Diego, CA
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position reports to the Regional Senior Vice President, Development and Construction Services.
- 1-5 years of applicable work experience in a construction environment administering construction contracts and processing of same within the commercial real estate industry.
- Highly organized, self-starter and proven ability to work under tight deadlines to ensure the
efficient flow of construction and development documents.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Proven ability to manage time and work priorities.
- Assertively uncover and solve problems while maintaining a professional approach.
- Strong organizational background.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Proficiency in other construction
industry standard software packages is a plus. Yardi and SharePoint also a plus.
- Preferable to have experience working on TI and capital projects in Class A office buildings.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Construction Document Coordinator supports the project management process and Construction and Development team by performing the following tasks, including but not limited to:
- Coordination of construction contracts, change orders, professional service agreements and other related contract documents as required.
- Coordinate the processing of contracts with vendors, including the follow up and communications regarding the timely execution and return of all contracts.
- Have a working knowledge of all contract documents including Prime Contract and Subcontracts.
- Coordinate the routing of all contract documents through the Kilroy system.
- Coordinate insurance certificates with vendors and Kilroy staff as required by contract documents and Kilroy Corporate policies.
- Generate and maintain reports regarding status of contracts and insurance.
- Set-up and maintenance of project files, both electronic and paper, for record documentation.
- Close out of projects including guaranty/warranties, O&M’s and Archiving of records.
- Provide follow up and follow through in tracking outstanding documents with vendors and internally at KRC.
- Maintain and update the master project lists and staff notes.
- Maintain and upgrade various construction documents and forms as needed.
- Miscellaneous clerical task including letters, mailing and research as needed and assigned.
- Scanning and mailing for the department as needed.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by senior management staff and project managers as required.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.