Regional Office in San Francisco, CADownload
About the Opportunity
Kilroy is a pioneer in re-imagining the commercial office building into vibrant spaces filled with energy and life — so work does not feel so much like work. We are taking this same strategy into our new forays into retail environments and residential spaces as these different parts of life become more and more intertwined. We understand how environments shape human creativity and productivity and approach each space with fresh eyes, breaking apart old molds of ‘your father’s office’. Instead, we create spaces that are well suited for each function and today’s workforce. We are looking for a creative, forward-thinking individual to join us in this endeavor.
Kilroy is a publicly traded REIT that has built a deep experience within the West Coast commercial real estate markets by serving a range of dynamic industries over an ever-evolving business landscape over 70 years. Our premium commercial properties total more than 14 million square feet, spanning the West Coast from Seattle to San Diego. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Design.
- Architect/Interior Designer with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design discipline or related field with experience in both architecture and interiors.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from an interior/architectural services firm.
- Extensive knowledge of furniture, decorative light fixtures, interior finishes and all things décor.
- Strong design skills with a good eye and refined aesthetic sensibilities across all types of medium.
- Strong design concept abilities that can take a space from average to spectacular.
- Strong understanding and fluency in construction documents, constructibility and working with contractors.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with all personality types.
- Ability to firmly guide design consultants and vendors to desired design, budget, and schedule goals in a way that encourages and ensures rapid progress but does not hamper their creativity.
- Proficient in SketchUp/AutoCAD/Bluebeam/InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop for production of design concepts and project specifications.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a solutions-oriented mindset.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Kilroy Asset Management/Construction & Development Management teams to provide design solutions for New Building Development, Existing Building Renovations, and Tenant Improvement projects with a range of budgets and schedules focusing on efficient, cost-effective, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
- Develop, communicate, and implement Kilroy design standards with the continued goal of innovation in design.
- Liaison with product vendors and consultants — keeping abreast of the best offerings on the market for interior and architectural products.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.