Assistant Property Manager (Menlo Park)
Office in Menlo Park, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position is an on-site role that primarily entails a full range of administrative and operational support for the Asset Management team responsible for managing Menlo Corporate Center. A property with seven (7) Class A office buildings located in Menlo Park, CA, totaling over 378,000 square feet. This position reports to the Property Manager.
- Be a self-motivator, possess excellent phone etiquette, convey a highly professional manner, and be well organized.
- Solid understanding of office procedures; excellent spelling & grammar; and highly computer literate with Word and Excel.
- Good math skills are essential.
- Preferred having two (2) years of working in a professional office environment.
- Preferred having one (1) year of experience working in a commercial real estate environment or has a bachelors / associate degree in real estate, finance, or other business majors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
An essential function of this position is regular and predictable attendance. The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet tenants & visitors and provide front desk and telephone coverage.
- Assist the asset management team in coordinating office moves.
- Maintain project, vendor, and tenant files.
- Record meeting minutes and maintain status reports on properties and their outstanding items.
- Ensure all tenant and vendor contacts (legal, billing, premises, emergency) are updated and maintained.
- Share in the office management responsibilities including collecting mail, stocking of supplies, management of office equipment, and coordination of office cleaning.
- Procure office & kitchen supplies for the office team members to use
- Coordinate ordering lunches for the office team as required
- Provide general support to the property management team as needed
Accounting & Billing Requests:
- Process and code vendor invoices daily via Yardi, assigning them the appropriate GL and making sure the invoices are in line with the budget, ensure same invoice description is used for GL details.
- Follow up on any outstanding invoices or incorrect billings and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Follow up on outstanding receivables and rent payments.
- Interface with the accounting department as necessary.
- Run current aging reports according to monthly accounting calendar deadline and investigate any discrepancies between tenant ledger (overdue balance or credits) and tenant payment status.
- Assist with contacting tenants via phone, email, and letter for outstanding receivables and provide asset management team with status updates.
- Prepare and track tenant utilities, after-hours lighting, HVAC, and tenant direct services billings.
- Process Purchase Orders (PO’s) in Yardi to help keep track of all property expenditures
- Sundry Billings – Update the utility spreadsheet as invoices are approved for each building and bill each tenant accordingly.
- Prepare and send out monthly rent statements, service billings, and/or credit requests.
- Assist asset management team with end of year CAM reconciliation letters and annual tenant CAM estimate letters.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of tenant rent schedules, lease commencement dates, rent abatements, and prorated rents per tenant’s lease
- Maintain hard and electronic copies of building & lease files and assist the property management team in the collection and organization of leasing documents.
- Prepare lease change notices and follow up as necessary.
- Assist the property management team with the review of lease abstracts from Accounting for approval.
- Run monthly rent roll reports and update stacking plans.
Variance Reporting & Budgets:
- Assist asset management team with compilation of information/data for annual budget preparation, as needed.
- Assist asset management team with quarterly variance reports, accrual reports, commercial billing reports, occupancy reports and reforecasting.
- Assist asset management team with the preparation and submittal of lease change notices as needed.
- Assist with compilation of budget information as requested.
- Assist asset management team with checking with contracted vendors to verify pricing.
- Assist asset management team in gathering proposals for the budget.
- Walk the property with supervisor to identify items to be included in the budget.
- Compile and enter annual budget numbers in accounting software.
- Track budget on a monthly basis to ensure that building work is completed on time and within budget.
- Assist asset management team with monthly vendor walk-throughs and follow-up on any requests.
- Act as liaison with engineering team to track tenant work order to ensure that they are done in a timely manner.
- Assist asset management team with collection of bids for projects, and/or maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with drafting, executing, and maintaining vendor service contracts, purchase order documents and vendor files as needed.
- Schedule and follow up on recurring services at the properties.
- Review vendor schedules of work and revise as needed for budgeting or reforecasting purposes
- Collaborate with Engineering team on completing preventive maintenance projects.
- Assist asset management team in coordinating all tenant and property events.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of tenant memos and notifications.
- Assist in the preparation of move-in packages and assist in coordination of tenant move-ins/outs.
- Assist in implementation and compliance of tenant lease obligations.
- Assist in preparing tenant manuals and emergency procedures.
- Assist in educating tenants on each project’s recycling program.
- Assist asset management team in resolving miscellaneous tenant issues.
Insurance & Permit Compliance:
- Collect, validate, and file tenant & vendor certificates of insurance (COI), working with Kilroy’s Risk Management department to ensure compliance
- Assist asset management team in preparing incident report forms for submittal to Risk Manager.
- Work with assist the property management team and Chief Engineer to execute and maintain building standard operating procedures for Vendor & Tenant Insurance Tracking, Orion Vendor Contract Matrix, and Permit Compliance Calendar.
- Collect, track, log, and file tenant service requests, via Angus.
- Work with engineering department and tenants in scheduling work orders through Angus online system. Dispatch support team as necessary.
- Monitor Angus work order system throughout the day to ensure tenant work orders are responded to and updated accordingly with relevant notes and within required response and completion goal times.
- Acceptance: 15 min
- Response: 2 hours
- Completion: 24 to 48 hours
- Work with assist the property management team and Chief Engineer to distribute tenant requested Angus reports monthly.
Other duties as assigned.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.