Assistant Property Manager (Crossing 900/NNN)
Office in Menlo Park, CADownload
Opportunity Description: Assistant Property Manager
Location: Office in Menlo Park, CA
Assets: Crossing 900 and NNN
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
This position will be employed by Kilroy Realty, L.P. and will join the Asset/Property Management team located at the Menlo Corporate Center in Menlo Park, CA. The Assistant Property Manager shall be responsible for assisting the Asset Management team on a day-to-day basis with all aspects of property management for the Crossing 900 and NNN portfolio. General responsibilities are noted below. This position reports to the Property Manager.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a professional office environment and a minimum of 3 years working in a commercial real estate environment.
- Proficient Finance Management and accounting skills and experience required.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent email and phone etiquette, convey a highly professional manner and must be highly organized.
- Solid understanding of office procedures; typing skills 60+; excellent spelling and grammar; and highly computer literate with Word and Excel.
Summary of Responsibilities
The essential function of this position is regular and predictable attendance. The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Administration:
- Coordinate tenant activity and moves with multiple departments including development, construction, and engineering.
- Front desk and telephone coverage back up to Asset Management Team.
- Back up to property coordinator as needed for general office, vendor, and tenant files.
- Work with development and construction team on weekly operations meeting, agenda and open items.
- Follow and adhere to Corporate Asset Management monthly Calendar.
- Back up support for property manager and property coordinator as needed for accounts payable.
- Review all invoices coded by Property Coordinator to ensure the appropriate account, building(s), and description are used for GL details.
- Responsible for running current aging reports per Asset Management Calendar each month. Contact tenants via phone and email for outstanding receivables. Provide Property Manager with status updates.
- Be prepared to present aging reports to revenue accounting.
- Follow up on all outstanding charges and escalate to Property Manager after (3) attempts to collect have failed.
- Create and maintain receivables contact list.
- Prepare and track Tenant utilities, after-hours Lighting and HVAC billings; generate Billing Request Forms.
- Work closely with Property Coordinator to ensure external utility websites are monitored for invoice posting and in a timely manner for processing.
- Review utility and submeter spreadsheets updated by Property Coordinator for accuracy.
- Generate tenant late fee Billing Requests Forms accordingly.
- Assist Property Manager with end of the year CAM Reconciliation letters and annual tenant CAM Estimate letters.
- Provide Operating Accountant and Property Manager with monthly accrual data.
- Assist with compilation of information/data for annual budget preparation, as needed.
- Prepare and submit Lease Change Notices as needed.
- Review Lease Abstracts from Accounting for Property Manager and Asset Manager approval.
- Review and preparation of Stacking Plans, Rent Rolls, Commercial Billing & Tenancy schedule monthly.
- Assist Property Manager with month end closing procedures, preparation of variance and financial reports, monthly reforecast, accruals, and general ledger review.
- Work with property team in annual budget preparation which can include getting bids and additional pricing, evaluating pricing for correctness and budget input into accounting software. Also work with team to evaluate capital building needs.
- Monitor and track expenses against budget and contract/purchase order amounts.
- Assist and support Property Manager with special funding requests.
- Insurance Compliance:
- Assist Risk Manager in obtaining timely renewal or submittal of insurance tracking for tenants and vendors.
- Prepare incident report forms and submittal to Risk Manager.
- Property Management:
- Assist Property Manager with weekly property walks and preparation of punch lists.
- Follow up with vendors to confirm timely completion of punch list items.
- Participate in annual property inspections.
- Tenant Relations:
- Assist asset management team in coordinating all tenant and property events.
- Coordinate signage program, including directory boards, tenant suite signs, floor directory signs, evacuation and restroom signs, etc.
- Prepare and distribute tenant memos and notifications.
- Prepare move-in packages and assist in coordination of tenant move-ins/outs.
- Assist in implementation and compliance of tenant lease obligations.
- Prepare Tenant Manuals and Emergency procedures.
- Educate tenants on project’s recycling program.
- Assist Property Manager in resolving miscellaneous Tenant issues.
- Actively monitor Angus platform for work orders and provide tenants of the updates.
- Vendor Relations:
- Responsible for assisting the asset management team with monthly walk throughs and follow up requests.
- Monitor outside vendors for compliance of contracts, including coordination with and oversight of security and janitorial staff.
- Liaison with engineering team to complete tenant work orders in a timely manner.
- Assist asset management team with collection of bids for projects, and / or maintenance and repairs.
- Generate and maintain vendor contracts, purchase order documents and vendor files.
- Inspect job site after service has been performed to ensure that work was done to specifications.
- Create PO’s and track from scope commencement through to completion and invoice processing.
- Other duties may be assigned accordingly.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.