Asset Manager (Menlo Park)
Office in Menlo Park, CADownload
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy (NYSE: KRC) is a leading U.S. landlord and developer with over 14 million square feet in our portfolio which spans five distinct regions including San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and Austin, Texas.
- As pioneers and innovators in the creation of a more sustainable real estate industry, our approach to modern business environments helps drive creativity and productivity for some of the world’s leading technology, entertainment, life science and business services companies.
- A big part of the company’s foundation is its commitment to enhancing employee growth, satisfaction and wellness while maintaining a diverse and thriving culture. For the third year in a row, the company has been named to Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index – recognizing companies committed to supporting gender equality through policy development, representation, and transparency.
- We hope you’ll decide to join us!
About the Opportunity
This position will be employed by Kilroy Realty, L.P. and will join the Asset/Property Management team located at our Menlo Park office (position can be officed out of our San Francisco regional office several times a week) in San Francisco, CA. The Asset Manager will oversee a Class ‘A’ portfolio of office buildings totaling approximately 2.5 million square feet in San Francisco SOMA, Peninsula, and South Bay. Leasing experience is a plus. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management, Northern California.
- 10+ years of experience in the commercial real estate industry with a diverse background covering property operations, construction, marketing and leasing of Class ‘A’ office in the region.
- Candidate should have operations and asset management experience in Class ‘A’ office properties on behalf of institutional owners preferred.
- Well organized with attention to detail; follow through with assignments; must possess good verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively with employees, tenants, contractors, etc.
- Must be proficient with financial concepts and applications.
- Must have experience managing and mentoring property teams up to Senior Property Manager.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and creative in problem solving.
- Achieved or be in the process of certification as a Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA), a college degree is highly preferable.
- Experience in dealing with municipalities and time spent on public facing committees preferred. Examples include local business improvement district, local chamber of commerce, etc.
- Must have experience in preparing and delivering financial reports, including but not limited to variance reports, forecast reports, operating budget analysis, and be computer literate.
- Must be team player, has a growth mind-set, is self-accountable and self-aware.
Summary of Responsibilities
An essential function of this position is regular and predictable attendance. The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a strong property management team, with a focus on team building, individual career growth, and succession planning. Provide training, mentoring and leadership to meet company objectives.
- Support the SVP of Asset Management in developing and implementing overall strategy for the portfolio.
- Responsible for operating and capital budgets, reforecasts, and other reports as required.
- Assist with leasing efforts, which include leading prospective tenant tours, reviewing proposals and negotiated leases, and gathering documentation for lease routing and execution.
- Submit lease renewals and new lease deals in VTS for approval.
- Monitor VTS and collaborate with brokers to ensure that deals are being updated in a timely manner.
- Perform regular site inspections and be responsible for resolution of issues to ensure properties are maintained to Class ‘A’ standards.
- Ensure that Stevenson reports and stacking plans are current and up to date.
- Monitor options and encumbrances and work with the appropriate leasing team to communicate with tenants as necessary or deliver the appropriate notices when required.
- Responsible for tenant retention, including regular visits and communication with key tenant contacts.
- Partner with the Kilroy Construction Department on tenant improvements, alterations, and base building improvements being performed at each property.
- Guide team to ensure accounts payables are submitted and closed in a timely manner.
- Guide team to ensure rents are collected in a timely fashion and any delinquencies are addressed appropriately. Monitor tenant security deposits and letters of credit to ensure lease compliance.
- Work with the Kilroy Legal Department in the preparation of vendor contracts and tenant leases and license agreements.
- Monitor capital budget, prepare and submit AFE’s as needed and ensure capital projects are completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Partner with office and retail leasing teams to provide support on leasing efforts, tenant retention efforts, and execution of market ready improvement projects.
- Review operating budgets for efficiencies and economies of scale, bidding out services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
What we offer
At Kilroy, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within the role. The base pay range for this role is between $117,000 – $209,000 and your base pay will depend on your skills, experience and training, knowledge, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. This role is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus as well.
Our comprehensive group health benefits program is built around your total health and provides employees and their families with care and coverage designed to help you thrive. Our health and wellness program offerings include medical, dental, vision, with FSA, HSA options, Group Life & Disability, LTD coverage and much more. Ancillary programs include a retirement savings plan with a competitive employer match, employee support programs like our parental leave coaching program, wellness, and commuter benefits, just to name a few. We invite you to visit our website at www.kilroyrealty.com to learn more.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.