Asset Manager (Hollywood)
Regional Office in Hollywood, CADownload
Opportunity Description: Asset Manager
Location: Regional Office in Hollywood, CA
About Kilroy Realty
- Kilroy Realty is a dynamic, $10 billion publicly-traded real estate company that is looking to add to its team of superstars.
- We believe our diverse team, commitment to excellence, superior growth prospects, premium office and mixed-use properties and our exciting and innovative development platform make us the premier publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust on the West Coast and developer, with a major presence in San Diego, Greater Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pacific Northwest and now Texas.
- Our collaborative open work environment, dynamic team approach and exciting transactions create continued opportunities for growth and challenge and inspire our employees.
- As part of our core values, we are committed to sustainability and the environment and, as a result, we are recognized as the North American leader in sustainability.
- Our team is like our family. We have over 70 years of experience developing, acquiring and managing office and mixed-use real estate assets and have many employees who have been at the company for more than 15 years.
- We have a promote-from-within culture and accessible executives with open door policies. We consistently encourage our team to facilitate change, leverage technology and recommend process improvement.
- We have a flexible work attire policy that allows for jeans to be worn every day. We believe in a modern workplace where our goal is to inspire and create opportunity for our entire team.
- Please visit our website at: www.kilroyrealty.com.
About the Opportunity
Directly responsible for the operations and performance of the Class ‘A’ office/retail/multi-family properties in Hollywood, CA including Columbia Square, Sunset Media Center, On Vine, and The Sunset. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the broader leasing duties related to the Hollywood portfolio and assisting the VP of Residential with oversight of Columbia Square Living and Jardine. This position reports to the Vice President, Asset Management.
- 10+ years of experience in the commercial real estate industry with a diverse background covering both leasing Class ‘A’ office in the region, property operations, and construction.
- Candidate should have operations and asset management experience in Class ‘A’ office properties on behalf of institutional owners preferred.
- Well organized with attention to detail; follow through with assignments; must possess good verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively with employees, tenants, contractors, etc. Must be proficient with financial concepts and applications. Must be self-directed, motivated and creative in problem solving.
- Achieved or be in the process of certification as a Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA), a college degree is highly preferable.
- Experience in dealing with municipalities and time spent on public facing committees preferred. Examples include local business improvement district, local chamber of commerce, etc.
- Must have experience in preparing and delivering financial reports, including but not limited to variance reports, forecast reports, operating budget analysis, and be computer literate.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a strong property management team, with a focus on team building, individual career growth, and succession planning. Provide training, mentoring and leadership to meet company objectives.
- Responsible for operating and capital budgets, reforecasts, and other reports as required.
- Assist the Vice President of Asset Management with leasing efforts, which include leading prospective tenant tours, reviewing negotiated leases, and gathering documentation for lease routing and execution.
- Submit lease renewals and new lease deals in VTS for approval.
- Monitor VTS and collaborate with brokers to ensure that deals are being updated in a timely manner.
- Perform regular site inspections and be responsible for immediate resolution of issues to ensure properties are maintained to Class ‘A’ standards.
- Ensure that Stevenson reports and stacking plans are current and up to date.
- Monitor options and encumbrances and work with the appropriate leasing team to communicate with tenants as necessary or deliver the appropriate notices when required.
- Responsible for tenant retention, including regular visits and communication with key tenant contacts.
- Work with the Kilroy Construction Department on tenant improvements, alterations, and base building improvements being performed at each property.
- On an as needed basis, work with Kilroy Development team to provide insight, expertise, and support on any Hollywood based development projects or repositioning projects. Direct property management team to prepare and analyze recurring variance reports, providing support and guidance as needed.
- Guide Hollywood team to ensure accounts payables are submitted and closed in a timely manner.
- Guide Hollywood team to ensure rents are collected in a timely fashion and any delinquencies are addressed appropriately. Additional responsibilities include monitoring of tenant security deposits and letters of credit to ensure lease compliance.
- Work with the Kilroy Legal Department in the preparation of vendor contracts and tenant leases and license agreements.
- Monitor capital budget, prepare and submit AFE’s as needed and ensure capital projects are completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Meet with the Vice President, Asset Management to review and report progress on all outstanding and ongoing tasks, projects, and property issues. Report issues requiring immediate attention in a timely manner.
- Partner with office and retail leasing teams to provide support on leasing efforts, tenant retention efforts, and execution of market ready improvement projects.
- Review operating budgets for efficiencies and economies of scale, bidding out services as needed with oversight and guidance from SVP of Asset Management and VP of Asset Management.
- Responsible for oversight of the Los Angeles Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC), which is based at Columbia Square. Act as the liaison between the Asset Management team and the VP of Security and Safety, providing RSOC updates and expanding scope as directed.
- Provide Asset Management support for the two Hollywood residential assets, Columbia Square Living and Jardine. Responsible for attending recurring operations meeting with 3rd party operator, providing guidance on capital and operating expenses, and generally acting as the liaison for the VP of Residential. Assistance may be required guiding the 3rd party operator on KRC internal procedures.
- Partner with 3rd party parking consultant to provide periodic updates on general parking operations, revenue performance, and capital improvement projects. Generally responsible for monitoring outside parking revenue opportunities and maximizing parking revenue at each property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply for this Position
To apply, email HumanResources@kilroyrealty.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.